Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I AM A DRUG COUNSELOR FOR REALS

I AM A PRACTICING,WORKING, GROUP COUNSELING, ONE ON ONEING, EVALUATING, ASSESING, FULL FLEDGED, STATE APPROVED DRUG AND ALCOHOL COUNSELOR INTERN!!!

This week I start one of my own groups, and I will be slowly giving a case load, one patient at a time. The other counselors will slowly start filtering their people over to me and then as new ones sign up, we go on a rotation basis.......CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I AM WORKING AS A COUNSELOR. They gve me my new cards last week but they made a printing error and had me on as being a domestic violence expert (or something like that.) hell, when they laughed and said ,”Well, I guess that was a mistake, you don't know anything about that”.....I wanted so badly to say to them, “I have forgotten more about domestic voilence than most people will ever know” but I didn’t......I just smiled and handed him back the card and will get the new ones this week.......they say

Susan Martin
CDPT
Chemical Dependency Professional

Isn't that great? I didn’t think I was ever going to get a job......now I have to get my paperwork in order with DOH and I will be set. It’s a long story about that......i would love to share it with you but in a conversation. It is long and drawn out and hard to type.

I wish Dad and Mom were around to see this. I bet Joni (stepmonster)is so pissed off that I am doing something good and productive with my life. I have a career......not a stupid job. I am a counselor......god. I know now why we get 3 day weekends.....its because we need them. This is draining as hell, but we get time to reboot......all day Friday all I do is sit in my jammies and sleep, nap, rest.....then I feel better for the rest of the weekend......I am so proud of myself. I will be on payroll by the end of this month, instead of October like they first told me. They thought it was going to take 90 days to train me...I have picked everythign they need me to know in order for me to start working in one month...well, it will be one month on the 16th and I will start being paid on the
17th or the 24th. I am just so pround I could bust. I dont remember being proud of myself much in my life.

I have had alot of emotional support from my little sister in Tennessee, Peggy Sue. I also have had lots of love from Dawn, as much as she drives me crazy.. I Love her to death. She is the child I never had and as long as I continue to think of her that way, it's all good. Yeah, I get mad at her and rant and rave...but at the end of the day, there is no person on earth who knows me better than she does and she can say (and get away with her life when saying them) things to me that no one else can or would.

I love the weather today too. It is cool, raining and perfect for me. NO hot, steamy, humid god damned day. It has cooled considerably since last hell week. This time last week it was already 90 degrees.
ok, I have to get ready for WORK. Bye!

3 comments:

MelmoK said...

Congrats Susan, I knew you'd do it. Hadn't seen you in at Blockbuster for ages so I figured something was up. :)
Hope it continues to be as you wish it!

Susan said...

Thanks Melissa...I Miss you girl. I need to stop by one day to see you but I never know when you are going to be in there or not.

Susan said...

this is a test