Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MAD TV is over for good

Sunday, May 17, 2009
MAD TV is over...for good

I just found out last night that one of my most favorite televisions shows EVER is no longer going to be on. MAD TV's finale was on last night. I didn't get the memo. No one asked my permission, no one asked me how i felt. I didn't get to vote on this. FOX TV just made this decision without consulting me or anyone else that loves that show. I have been a faithful, loyal and very consistant fan of that program since it's inception. They said it has been on for 14 years. I had no idea it had been on that long, but when i think about it...yeah...I guess it was that long ago. I lived in Granite Falls. I Loved it immediately. Saturday Night Live had gotten so fucking bad....MAD Tv was such a relief. Mo Collins, Michael McDonald, Alex Bornstein, Frank Savvo, Bobby Lee, Arliss Someone...I don't know the rest of the names but i know their faces and their talents. I know the characters they all did. Oh god, I Loved Michael McDonald when he did this little creepy kid character Stewart and Mo Collins did his mother with that ear splitting mid western accented voice. "Steeeewwwwaaaarrt". He was so funny. Bobby Lee did this character, a Thailand Tv Show Host "Johnny Gan" and he was just disgusting, but hysterical.
I am so bummed about this. SNL has gotten away with just shit for so long, they keep losing their good cast members, but I guess that is the launch pad for up and coming comedians. Think of all the famous people who were once cast members on that great show...oh man, it is unbelivable. The most famous was Eddie Murphy and Will Ferrel, Jimmy Fallon and many many others.
well...I just wanted to share my feelings. this is a really sad day

No comments: